It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Traction control, ABS, BAS Lights 
Newb

Vehicle: 2010 JKU
Post Traction control, ABS, BAS Lights
2010 JKU 89,000 miles
Got the dash lit up like a Christmas tree.
First it starts with the traction control kicking in and trying to correct with the brakes for no reason. Usually coming to the end of an exit ramp, or pulling out and turning.
After that, a moment later, the ABS light, ESP light, bas Light, and the Traction control light all come on.

I've been searching some forums and haven't found a great answer. One thing I did try was re-aligning the steering wheel. (start jeep, turn all the way left, turn all the way right, back to center, stop jeep, restart) Lights go out as jeep then shifts to 2nd gear. usually lasts a day before lights all come back on.

Anyone have similar issues? Is this a clock spring problem? Alignment? Wheel sensor?
Suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:40 pm

WTF

Vehicle: 2008 JK, 2005 KJ
Post Re: Traction control, ABS, BAS Lights
First I would have alignment checked and they can center the wheel as there is a wheel alignment sensor that can be touchy.

Second you can have the Jeep scanned to see if it is a fauly clock spring. S33 recall just came out to include LHD 07-10 JK's

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:29 pm
Newb

Vehicle: 2010 JKU
Post Re: Traction control, ABS, BAS Lights
Stopped at my Brother's house and stole back my code reader. Found it had a U1417 code. Looked it up and it was something about a "implausible wheel distance signal" Left side.

I forgot to mention that I put new wheel bearing assemblies in the front when I did the Axle joints two months ago. I was afraid one of them was bad. Checked all the wires tonight and things looked good up front. Started looking at the back. The wires to the rear sensor on the left side have been spliced at one time. Cut the splice out and redid it with heat shrink and Liquid tape. Ran to Advance and grabbed a new sensor and stuck it in as well. Kinda glad they are open til 10 pm.  Not sure which was the problem, but after putting it back together, the lights went out before I could make it to the bottom of my driveway.

I'll drive a little more and see if that fixed it. After JRod's reply I started noticing the alignment is maybe a little off. Seems like I have to hold the wheel a little to the left. I'll try and grab an alignment if the lights come back on or before I get tires later this fall.

Thanks for the help.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:53 pm