Topic Previews

Up to date Announcements from JeepinWV.com and other Off-Road News
TJinWV
Lifetime Member
Vehicle: 2006 TJ

Topic Previews

Post by TJinWV » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:15 pm

I've added topic previews to the forum. They will work on the View Forum page (the page that lists the threads in a particular forum), as well as the Search Results page. The preview will display some of the text of one of the posts in the thread, along with an indicator as to whether there are new posts in the thread since you last viewed the thread. They are turned off by default - if you want to use them, follow the directions below.

Let me first say that it required changes to the stylesheets, and I can't find a single method of updating them that will work for everyone. So some of you may see the previews in a colored box, while for others the box will be transparent, making it hard to read the text. You can try refreshing and/or reloading the page (more than just once), or clearing your browser's cache. It will eventually update itself to display correctly, but I can't say for sure how long it will take.

Also, if you do see the colored box rather than the transparent box, you'll notice the default colors are horrid. :) I'm going to change the colors once I figure out something that looks decent with each style, but that probably won't happen today. If you have any color suggestions, let me know (along with which style you are using). <EDIT>I went ahead and changed the colors a little, so they aren't as horrid. But if you have suggestions to make it more pleasing to the eye, let me know.</EDIT>

To enable the topic preview, go to the User Control Panel, find the Board Preferences link, and then click on Edit Display Options. Or, just click here. About half way down the page are two options - Display topic previews and View which post in preview. The first option turns previews on and off. The second option sets the post to display in the preview (either the first post or the last post). Once you set what you want, click Submit and you should be good to go. As I said above, you may need to refresh a couple times and/or clear your cache to get the box to show up correctly.

Let me know if you have any issues...

-Dan
Dan - TJinWV <><
2002 TJ, 2" OME lift, ARBs

.ɹǝʌo ǝɯ 11oɹ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Vec
Post Whore
Vehicle: 01 TJ

Re: Topic Previews

Post by Vec » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:30 pm

you ROCK !.....

Thanks Dan !