To whom it may concern...

Up to date Announcements from JeepinWV.com and other Off-Road News
JMM
Lifetime Member

To whom it may concern...

Post by JMM » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:14 pm

JeepinWV.com's Mission Statement:

JeepinWV.com is a website for offroad enthusiasts in and around West Virginia. It also serves as the internet home of the West Virginia Jeep Club, Inc, a not-for-profit organization formed to safely promote and protect the sport of off-highway driving in the mountain state. Although jeep is in our name, our forum members and club members own everything from Samurais to Xterras. Our common thread is a desire to enjoy family-friendly four wheeling in a manner that is not destructive to our environment.

With all of the talk in the past few weeks I thought I would help set the record straight. Please read the quoted text above and you will see what this site is for, JeepinWV is for the "off-road enthusiast". You don't need a big dollar rig to enjoy yourself on here, you don't need to have a trailer queen ride with all of the bells and whistles featured in the latest four wheel drive magazine to fit in here. The club was started as a bunch of friends who shared a passion and enjoyed four wheeling and getting together to not only help out but have a good time with one another.

We had Meet and Greets and got together to talk Jeeps, trails, and have a good time. People started to hear about the club and our trips and started coming out to join us so we made a set time and location so that more people could come and enjoy the trips. We where college students at the time and didn't have big fancy high dollar rigs (many of us still don't)... but we still had fun (and a lot of it for sure!)

Of the 6 of us who first started putting together the group we talked about having a state wide Jeep Club would be a good idea, most every state around WV had something similar and it appeared to be working well. Our first year there wasn't anything official, with just a handful of people things where easy, stress free, and fun. There was no complaining, arguing, or trouble just fun and four wheeling and 99% of the posts on the old site where Jeep related questions, new part reviews, and dates and times of upcoming trips with posts of pictures from old trips the weekend before.

We thought we had something really special when we would get 15-20 new people a month at a meet and greet, so we continued to try to grow and expand the club, website, and make the group more legit with an incorporation and becoming a not-for profit club.

As the years went on and the number of people who we made friendships with and who helped to move the club forward increased we wanted to try and open the site up to as many people as we could, I thought that if we could continue to attract more of those great West Virginian's who enjoyed Jeepin and the comradery that came with the adventures on the trails that we could change the way that so many people see us in the public eye.

At that point we had 20-30 members who would drop anything and help out what ever you needed, jeep help or even a personal request like help at your house with something. As we talked about what we wanted to do and what direction we should go some people thought keeping the club small and tight like we where would be the best thing to do with a closed forum and new members by invitation only while other members thought we should open it up so that any person out there who wanted to join had the opportunity and that anyone who wanted to see topics posted on the forum could do so.

By us keeping our doors open to new people we have met through the JeepinWV.com website there have been some great new people, there have also been those who I don't think cared much at all if any about Jeepin or four wheeling they where only on to have an audience to see their junk they post and to read their opinions on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

Those who have helped to get this site and the club to where it is today have only done so to try and keep a good positive thing going and to keep in touch with those friends who we have made over the years as well as to try and meet new people who enjoy the same things that so many of us enjoy. With as many people who have frequented this site in the past 7 years there has obviously been a need to police the site, it is after all a family friendly site where we don't want junk posted. Those of us who do that job try to do the best, I know that I have removed posts that maybe should not have been removed... there is no set in stone bar that we have telling anybody to remove a link or post, just judgment in what we think may or may not be needed. All of us who work to try and keep this thing going are just doing it to keep up with friends we have made and to try and make sure people have a good time on JeepinWV.com.

If your not happy with the way that this site has conducted itself over the years and the direction that it is going I am sorry, there is no way to please everyone. There are other sites out on the internet that may cater your needs and desires better and I suggest that anyone who doesn't enjoy this site they should check out another, there are plenty of them out there.

If you don't enjoy yourself at JeepinWV.com please don't log on, its not a hard concept to figure out... there are many websites out there that I don't like and I can take care of that problem by not getting onto them. Over the past year I think that we have lost more longtime members due to people trolling the site and cluttering it up with junk and by voicing opinions that are only meant to insult someone else. We don't need it and its not going to be tolerated.

I'm 26 years old and over the past 3-4 years there have been several on here (some twice my age) who it feels like I am having to talk to like I'm someones parent. In the past we have tried warning those who troll the site looking to disrupt an honest question and trying to make every person happy. It doesn't seem like that is going to work, there are people who have nothing better to do than to sit at home and ridicule others and that is going to stop. Those who want to insult rather than help can check out the sites where that is tolerated.

[*]If your not here because your are a Jeep/off-road enthusiast you don't need to be on JeepinWV.com

[*]If you are an enthusiast but don't plan on safely promoting and protect the sport of off-highway driving in the mountain state you have no need to be a part of JeepinWV.com

[*]If you do not keep in mind this is a family-friendly site and forum and those who have volunteered to help ensure that you have no need to be a user of JeepinWV.com

JeepinWV.com will be reverting back to the way we did it in the past. Working to create a forum where people can communicate about Jeeps and four wheeling with out having to worry about a soap opera taking place around them.

Jason
Jeepless...

wvjeepers
Bullet Proof
Vehicle: SOLD

Re: To whom it may concern...

Post by wvjeepers » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:50 pm

:clap:

Tin Badge
Post Whore

Post by Tin Badge » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:14 pm

:bigthumb:
If its not broken then lets take it apart and lose some of the pieces and then it will be.
01 XJ 4.0 d30/d35, 3.55 Old Man EMU 2.5 kit, Goodyear MT/R Kevlar 31X10.50X15's on TJ Ravines. That pretty much it.

jtice
Post Whore
Vehicle: 2013 Jeep JK Rubicon

Post by jtice » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:26 pm

Very well said Jason, I have seen too many good forums turn bad from just this exact thing. You do what you have to to keep this place the way it was meant to be.
I have not even been here for quite 2 years, and I have seen a drastic change in the forum, and the type of threads.
Keith's sigline has never been more true.

~John
www.jtice.com
2013 Jeep JK Rubicon
2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD
2005 Jeep Rubicon - Traded
1999 Jeep TJ - Sold

thamric
Lifted Poster
Vehicle: 1974 CJ5, 2011 Silverado,

Post by thamric » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:42 pm

:bigthumb: Well said Jason.
1974 CJ5, 3" lift, 34" LTB Swampers, 304 V8, T18
2009 Chevy Traverse
2011 Silverado

ZiGGY
WVJC Member
Vehicle: 2014 WK2, 2008 JK

Post by ZiGGY » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:25 pm

:clap: I'm right there with you buddie...

14 Jeep WK2 Limited
08 Jeep JK 4D Rubicon - 6.5in lift, 35x12.50 Cooper Discovery SST, Smitty Built Winch, Solid diff covers, Warn rear bumper

chris25320
Memorial Member
Vehicle: 1995 2 Door 5 Speed XJ

Post by chris25320 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:55 pm

:bigthumb: i agree
unknown year xj, parts Jeep.
1995 XJ 4.0 2 door 5 spd. 4.5 lift. - Parts Jeep.
1995 XJ 4.0 2 door 5 spd. - current project.
1993 YJ, 4.6 stroker, 5 spd.- Sold
1988 Xj - Sold
1976 CJ5 - Sold.
1998 XJ 4.0 auto 6.5 rc lift - Sold.
1994 XJ 4.0 - Sold.

One Ton Swamper
Post Whore
Vehicle: 2015 Challenger Scat Pack

Post by One Ton Swamper » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm

wvjeepers wrote: :clap:

chris25320 wrote: :bigthumb: i agree

thamric wrote: :bigthumb: Well said Jason.
Tin Badge wrote: :bigthumb:

96jeepxj wrote: :clap: I'm right there with you buddie...

X2..................... :cheers:
Standing 112 miles from the best wheeling in WV.

Dswear22
Lifted Poster
Vehicle: 00 xterra +4.5

Post by Dswear22 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:49 pm

Couldn't agree more. All the junk on here anymore is why i don't post here much. Seemed like some people were trying to turn the site into pirate4x4...Bravo to the board.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

MALL CRAWLER
Locked and Loaded

Post by MALL CRAWLER » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:56 pm

glad you put it that way, really people should use some common sense. just my :twocents-02cents:

:clap:

thank you
Jeepless for now.

Forbes
Post Whore
Vehicle: Pair of Nike's.

Post by Forbes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Yes, I agree, Thank you Jason, and to all of you who put so much time into the forum, your work is VERY much appreciated.

xjpettit99
Bullet Proof
Vehicle: 99 jeep cherokee XJ

Post by xjpettit99 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:53 pm

I agree jason and i think all the others who have been on the forum for a while can see the change, I thank you for saying what needed said and you have my support.

Courtney
99' Jeep Cherokee XJ -4 1/2" lift, 33x12.5 Baja claws, Custom Bumpers front and rear, Hella 500 Fog lights, Smittybuilt XRC 8, roof rack, dana 44 rear, custom tube flares, lots of trimming

00_jeep_sport

Post by 00_jeep_sport » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Im glad things are heading back to what they used to be. Im with John, been here not quite 2 years and things have started getting really bad lately. I dont even post up much anymore due to the comments you end up with when you ask a simple jeep question. Also, X100 on what Forbes said.....there are alot of us who really appreciate what goes on in the background. You guys do a great job at keeping this a nice site. I think the changes are going to be good. Keep it up!

hedds
Lifted Poster
Vehicle: Denali

Post by hedds » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:03 am

if i were you jason i would lock and sticky this thread...
Everyone needs to believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer!

Stagger4x4

old school
Rookie

Post by old school » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Perhaps my 2cents aren't required here, but here it is from outside looking in. I haven't been on here all that long but I do understand and agree with this post. I have heard some people with less than favorable comments on and about your club's site. I am sure those people have no problem with finding fault in everything they ponder and some probably have the same feelings about our site. That being said, I have had nothing but positive experiences with your club's site and it's members. As for the direction in which your club intends to go and what is actually posted from time to time on your club's web site, we are learning through some of the same issues.
Those of you who I have met understand our intentions and what we stand for. Also, I need to say, we appreciate the reception you all have shown us and hold your members in the highest reguard. If we can assist in any way, please do not hesitate in asking.